Thursday, November 30, 2017

Test1

Test

Write down the ing-form (Gerund) of the following verbs.
  • spell -
  • discover -
  • copy -
  • chase -
  • hug -
Complete the sentences using infinitive constructions.
  • My father taught me (dance / how)
  • We haven't decided yet (put / the bed / where)
  • She was explaining (use / the gadget / how)
  • I forgot to ask (pick him up / where)
  • I wondered (address / him / whether) or not.
Fill in the gerund as the subject of the sentence.
  • (fly) to London has become rather cheap.
  • (smoke) is prohibited at petrol stations.
  • (swim) is good for your health.
  • (travel) is one of my hobbies.
  • (cycle) is impossible on this sandy ground. 


  • Decide whether to use Infinitive (with/without to) or Gerund.
    • I enjoy
  • on holiday.
  • He used to
  • in the country.
  • She is used to
  • in the country.
  • I am tired of
  • .
  • Ellen made me
  • .

No comments:

Post a Comment